I am pleased to announce that this is the 50th post on Between the Temples.
It has been a busy two weeks which crimped my ability to post last week. But here is my latest batch of links for Friday. I hope you like them.
Have an awesome weekend!
APPLE & JOBS
- iPhone 4S Review – Pretty good review of the new iPhone.
- Steve Jobs’s secret legacy: Dying Apple boss left plans for four years of new products – The more I read about Jobs since his passing the more I am amazed by this man.
- The Man Who Inspired Jobs – I like to know who or what inspires people to do great things.
- What’s So Great About Siri? – I didn’t think there was much to the iPhone 4S till reading this article. I did not realize that Siri is full on artificial intelligence.
BUSINESS & PRODUCTIVITY
- Simple Tasks That Are Good For Your Soul – I have found that there are simple tasks are a great segway into getting other things done. They do give a sense of peace or accomplishment. Makes getting other things done a little easier.
- Top 8 Mistakes of My Corporate Career and How to Avoid Them – Another excellent post from Farnoosh as she reviews lessons she learned from her career. While you are at it, be sure to check the 20 lessons I learned in business.
- Why Quitting Your Job Won’t Solve All Your Problems – Interesting read that can be applied with a broad brush about what really holds us back in anything we do.
FOOD & HEALTH
- 4 reasons I don’t eat grains – Short post covering the main issues with eating grain in your diet.
- Apple and Honey Challah – Even though I am avoiding grains for the time being, I have a weakness for Challah on Fridays. Makes excellent French Toast the next morning
- Breakfast Skipping 101 – How To Skip Breakfast To Lose Weight - I have been looking closely at intermittent fasting and playing with it more. I do feel better when I eat less. It’s also nice to not have to worry about making something to eat all the time.
- Low cholesterol is associated with higher risk of death in women – Why am I not surprised…
- Low T3 syndrome III: inflammation strikes again – I thought this was a really good read if you are interested in this sort of thing.
- 5 Custom Sliding Door Solutions for Oddly-Shaped Spaces – I thought these were neat ideas for incorporating sliding doors into living spaces.
- Why do today’s soppy men act like toddlers who need to be mollycoddled? – I post this only to highlight that real men are just about extinct.
- Be On Guard Against Burnout – Definitely resonates with me. I have to be careful with burnout because I tend to do things in a very focused and intent manner over long periods of time.
- See-Through Concrete: 5 Real-Life, Light-Transmitting Walls – Light transmitting concrete… oh the possibilities
- The Idea Swap – Swap an idea for someone else’s.
- Smartphones Can Replace These Everyday Items – The best part of smartphones is convergence. Less stuff to manage.
- 7-point Checklist For Bloggers Who Want to Create a Profitable Blog – This is a great 7 point list to compare your blog against.
- Twitter Censors Tweets: Undeniable Proof - Be forewarned.