Well I have missed being in the blogosphere. The end of 2011 was very busy, and I still have loose ends to get wrapped up.
On another note, the saying goes to be the change you want to see in the world. I am seeing this in action. My daughter who is not yet 10 years old found out about my no shampoo experiment and on her own has decided to do it with great results. She has been doing it since late November 2011 and her hair feels soft and looks beautiful.
My wife on the other hand is experimenting with water and scrubbing verses using soap. Her skin is already showing such remarkable improvement. It is the softest I have ever felt it.
I will be starting another fast after this weekend. For now I am looking for to some good German cooking tonight
Well, till the next post- have a great Friday and enjoy the links!
BUSINESS & SELF DEVELOPMENT
- No Brown M&M’s! David Lee Roth and the Power of Checklists – Clever, very clever.
- What Is Excellence To You? – Short and to the point.
- The Curious Case of Brad Pitt’s Acting Career – Interesting insight into Brad Pitt’s success that we might be able to take a few lessons from.
- Nominations for Top 50 Personal Development Blogs of 2011 – Good list of blogs to choose from. One of my favorites by Farnoosh Brock made it into the top.
COOKING & KITCHEN
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – It’s hard to find good vanilla extract, that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I will be doing this with Sailor Jerry Rum.
- Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs – I love hard boiled eggs with Cholula Hot Sauce.
- What is Inflammation? – Good information to stress the importance of controlling systemic and/or chronic inflammation.
- BPA Exposure – Stay on guard for this if you care about your health. Ori addresses this in depth in his book, “The Anti-Estrogenic Diet“
- The Best Homemade Toner for Acne Prone Skin – As you know I am experimenting with “no shampoo” care of my hair. I am throwing this out there for those of you using expensive commercial products to care for your facial skin.
- Beware of These Organic Brands – If you are buying organic, pay attention.
- Whatever happens, don’t say Awww – Can you get through these without saying “awww”? Don’t say I didn’t warn you
- Marvelous Restored-Stone Home on the Mediterranean Sea – I could go for this. Stone work, good lighting, arches, large windows all in Israel… yes my kind of place.
- Flashbang Women’s Holster – For the ladies who need a discreet way to carry their weapon. See the demo here.
- $40 DIY Plywood iVictrola Speaker for Your iPhone – It does have a certain old world charm to it.
- 10 Questions with an American Sniper – Excellent interview!
- Get Naked – Picture says it all
- Juliette Valduriez shredding Lost Paradise and Breath Me - I cannot get enough of her playing. In fact I had to convert her rendition of “Breath Me” video to MP3.
- TinyWall Is a Dead Simple and Free Firewall Controller for Windows – I like programs to be lean, mean and simple to use. This firewall for Windows is worth checking out.
- How I Started My Paperless New Year – I am pretty much doing this myself. Since last year I have made a concerted effort to move as much as I can into using Evernote. I am liking it so far.
- All but Invisible: Minimalist ‘Air’ Camera is Light & Portable – Right up the ally of die hard minimalists everywhere